Monday, November 28, 2011

Round Up: Fall 2011

Hello everybody! Looks like I've attracted a few readers during my Fall 2011 run at reviewing. Nice to have you! If anyone else is just browsing, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! I love discussing and speculating plot twists.

For the Winter/Spring 2012 TV season, I think I might consider dropping Castle from my lineup of coverage. I'm just not as into the show as I feel like I should be to review it. I ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of the episode from two weeks ago, and although last week's was pretty intense, I don't always find the show that interesting. (And thus my reviews are not really that interesting.)

I'd also consider adding Community as a new feature, however, the show is going to be on a winter hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time. When it returns, however, I will definitely add it to my list of shows to review. I discovered it a few weeks ago, and have quickly caught up on all 2 and a half seasons so far. There are two more new episodes until the break, but I haven't decided whether or not if I'll review those two.

The Vampire Diaries is already on hiatus until January 5. I put up the review for 3.09 today.

How I Met Your Mother looks to have one more episode before the winter break, 7.12, which will air on December 5. I have to take back some of my previous speculation, since it looks like Robin's pregnancy is for real. The next episode, called Symphony of Illumination looks to be heading into some depressing territory, though, much like last season's Last Words did. This whole season has been pretty up-and-down for me, so I'm a little apprehensive about how this next episode is going to play out. Also a little concerned since reports are already out about Barney's next potential love interest. How are we even supposed to care about a new love interest when we had that soulmate montage involving Robin two weeks ago? We'll see where the show goes, but right now, they're on thin ice in my book.

I assume The Big Bang Theory will also show up until 5.12, meaning they have 2 episodes left. Nothing really exciting or speculation-worthy seems to happen on that show, however, I assume at least one of those episodes will be Christmas-themed.

Also assuming that Young Justice will continue to play episodes as scheduled until the end of the season. 1.19, titled Misplaced, is scheduled to air December 9. The series was already renewed for a second season, which is supposedly about an alien invasion. We've certainly seen that theme forshadowed quite a bit this season, with the whole plot of Failsafe revolving around alien intruders, and the subplot of last week's Secrets having to do with a fake alien rumor. I'm personally not a huge fan of the outerspace/alien plotlines, but I'll wait to pass judgement until we see how it plays out.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions for the blog, please let me know!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment